The world's most dreaded day of the week.
But not mine. (:
You wanna know why?
I secretly LOVE Mondays...
Well, now it's not so much of a secret anymore.
But Monday is email day! And I love me some emails!
End of discussion.
Okay... not really the end of discussion. Some other things happened today as well. As with most other colleges, we're all nearing the end of the semester. That can only mean two things.
Finals,
and ANXIETY.
I've been experiencing the latter this week quite a bit. Anddd... it's only Monday. Oh boy.
I can sit here and whine, or I can think about why today was successful. (:
I actually got a lot accomplished. Which is pretty much more than I can say for last week. I actually did more homework today than I had planned to do.
So I feel pretty accomplished, (:
I was feeling that way up until I went to my piano lesson. For those who don't know, I'm taking a piano class through the school. From a concert pianist. From Russia. She dislikes me I think. But it's okay!
Anyway, everyone taking a piano class is supposed to perform in the recital at the end of the semester.
So, I kindly asked her what day the recital was on. She told me.
And then she proceeded to tell me that she was going to ask the school if I could not perform in it, because my piece isn't "ready."
Um... ouch.
I kinda sat there for a minute, containing myself from punching her in the face...
It's not like I've SLAVED over this piece,
but I have tried pretty hard. And this was kinda a slap in the face. I love piano.
It's almost my favorite thing in the world!
But, then I thought... this class has been stressing me out a lot lately.
And with finals coming up, practicing to perfection was just going to be one more thing to do on my never-ending list of things to do.
I've been praying awful hard lately to do well in school. And I guess my "unvoiced" prayer was that it would somehow get easier... and that I wouldn't feel so weighed down.
I think that prayer was answered today.
So for now, not performing next week is okay with me. Heavenly Father knows what's best, and I'm gonna trust Him on this one. Even if it is kinda a puncture to my ego. (;
He knows what He's doing. So for right now I've only got one more thing to pray about...
let's hope the school thinks I can get away with this... :b


No comments:
Post a Comment