Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 21...

21. A picture of something you wish you could forget.

I don't actually have a picture of this.
Well, I have one, but it's at home in Wayne.
So, I'll just explain...
if I could forget anything,
it would be my car accident/hospital stay in 2001.
I was in so much pain,
and I almost died.
That's never fun, right?
But anyway, there are a lot of reasons I wish
I could forget this.
Obviously because of the pain and the trauma,
but also because looking back,
I can only imagine how much stress that
put on my family.
I guess I've never told them how proud
I am of them for dealing with that time in
our lives so well.
Especially since it was right around Christmas.
And I never thanked my parents
for taking such good care of me.
And for staying in the hospital with me.
For making countless drives from home
to Salt Lake, to make sure I had someone with me.
To my grandma for spending Christmas Eve with me.
And for reading me stories about Joseph Smith.
And to my brothers, who I can
only imagine went through pain as well at that time.
I love my family.
That experience taught me a great lesson.
And although I wish I could forget that time,
I won't forget what I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment