Monday, May 30, 2011

First Impressions

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

Sometimes this confuses me.
If you know me well, you know that I am 
never one to judge off first impressions.
I always try my hardest to give people 
the benefit of the doubt. 
I don't want people to judge me, 
and therefore I don't judge them. 
And it's just like Mother Teresa says, 
"If you judge people you have no time to love them." 
and then there's the age-old saying,
"Don't judge a book by its cover."
And I honest to goodness try not to do that.
But I think sometimes it gets me in trouble.
I think sometimes I get impressions [maybe not from the people themselves]
that I'm supposed to listen to.
I've met some of the greatest people, who
are in the most horrible circumstances. 
People who have pasts, just like everyone else,
who have learned from their mistakes.
But then there are people who do
things thoughtlessly...
and someone ends up getting hurt.
I DO NOT condone people who use other people.
It is wrong, no matter how you twist it.
And this is where first impressions come in.
Sometimes they are just correct.
I really don't know where I'm going with this...
it just frustrates me.
Sorry this is a no-nonsense post.
Gotta have a few of those every now and then, right?

On a happier note, today was a great day!
I got to spend it with some great friends who I love dearly. (:
I'm happy I am blessed enough to be around people
who temporarily make my world problem-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment