I saw this movie for the first time last night.
It was hilarious.
It had some parts that weren't the most appropriate,
but it had a really good message.
One that I knew applied to me the second I started watching it.
This movie is basically about a man who
is always saying no.
He says no to going out with his friends, going to parties,
helping people, and just being spontaneous period.
Then he goes to a motivational speaker who
makes him make a covenant with himself that he
will say "yes" to everything he gets asked.
He ends up following through and a bunch of great things happen to him.
Now on to why this spoke to me.
I have been WONDERFUL at saying "no"
to life for the past year.
I've had myself convinced that I'm far too busy to
go out with friends and to have fun.
And maybe I have been.
But that's my own fault and it's no excuse.
While saying "yes" to everything may not be the
smartest thing to do, saying yes once in
a while is probably OK.
I need to work on that.
I need to stop letting my life pass by me
because I'm too convinced that I'm busy with other things.
School is over.
19 credits may not have been the best idea last semester,
but now it's done.
Now the only thing I have to do is work.
Oh, and live. (:
And just like Anberlin says, "There's more to living than being alive."
It's true. And I need to start realizing it.
So, here is my summer resolution.
I will stop saying no to everything that comes my
way that might be of any interest to me.
If something has potential to be [dare I say it] fun,
then I will make an honest effort to do it.
No more being reclusive.
As fun as that is.
Because I'm starting to realize my life is passing by.
And I don't want to look back and regret not doing things I could have. (:


No comments:
Post a Comment